[LA.pm] New Members: Introduce Yourself!

Ben Tilly btilly at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 20:46:32 PST 2007

On 3/2/07, Eric Hammond <ehammond at thinksome.com> wrote:

> I'm Eric and I'm old enough to remember when Samy ran LA.pm
> (which was when he wasn't old enough to drive).
>
> I used to be regularly looking to hire good Perl people back
> when I worked at Rent.com, but eBay bought that company :)
> and I moved on to co-found another startup: http://www.thisnext.com/

*ahem*

With or without Eric, Rent.com is still looking to hire good Perl
people.  If you're good and want to work in Santa Monica with an
excellent team in a relaxed environment, we're hiring.  If you're
interested, tell aavakian at rent.com, that Ben sent you. :-D

Also details haven't been finalized, but Rent.com has offered to host
the April technical meeting.  Which is good news for those of us who
are on the West side who find it hard to get to Hollywood at rush
hour. :-)

> I've been using Perl almost exclusively since 1993 and I'm
> still learning the language.

And just when you think you finished learning it, Larry Wall will
rewrite it. :-)

Cheers,
Ben