[LA.pm] New Members: Introduce Yourself!

Quinn Weaver quinn at fairpath.com
Fri Mar 2 13:15:31 PST 2007

On Fri, Mar 02, 2007 at 12:12:32PM -0800, Todd Cranston-Cuebas wrote:
> We've had a bunch of new people signing up for the la.pm mailing list so
> I thought it would be great if you all would introduce yourself.

Hey,

I'm Quinn Weaver.  I run San Francisco Perl Mongers (since 2001, when I
took over from Matt Lanier).

I've been using Perl since 1997, including several different (*&@#!^)
OO Perl techniques--most recently Class::Std.  I have used Perl for
financial stuff, database stuff, web stuff, and VoIP stuff (with
Asterisk/AGI).  My latest Perl interest is Catalyst, which is a good
idea, but not yet up to Ruby on Rails standards.

I originally joined this group because I was responding to a cross-posted
discussion and wanted my response to go through.  I stay subscribed because
it's good to know what's going on down there, especially in terms of
conferences.

I work as an independent contractor, and I'm happy to travel to SoCal
for gigs.  See my sig for a link to a resume with full contact info.

--
Quinn Weaver, independent contractor  |  President, San Francisco Perl Mongers
http://fairpath.com/quinn/resume/     |  http://sf.pm.org/