[LA.pm] Call for speakers, venues, and ideas!

Juan Jose Natera naterajj at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 13:58:58 PDT 2007

Hi everyone,

We met last week to discuss our plans for LA.pm, and decided that one
the first things we need to do is to kick off the monthly meetings
Todd spoiled us with. It would be great if we could get a schedule
going in advance and thus we are formally doing a call for speakers,
if you have a topic you want to talk about, let us know, along with
your availability. Topics ranging from beginning to advanced are
welcome!

Also if you have a topic you would like us to talk about at a LA.pm
meeting say so and we will try to find a speaker for it.

As you probably know, we have received offers from other companies to
host the meetings, we think the best thing we could do to try to
accommodate everyone is to rotate venues, so if your company, college,
university or other institution wants to host LA.pm meetings these are
the things to keep in mind:

* Easily accessible parking, free parking preferred.
* Sitting for 20 or so (some speakers may draw larger crowds).
* A projector for the speaker to hookup his/her laptop to.
* A nearby place to socialize afterwards, preferably within walking distance.

Finally, we believe LA.pm could do more, we have some ideas but we
would also like to hear what you have to say.

LA.pm, under new management!