[LA.pm] Dataplace.org in la.pm booth at SCALE?

Cynthia Kiser cnk at caltech.edu
Tue Jan 30 11:44:17 PST 2007

Quoting Todd Cranston-Cuebas <Todd.Cranston-Cuebas at ticketmaster.com>:
> Does anyone have any objections to the people at dataplace.org having a
> computer up in the la.pm booth demonstrating a perl application? One of
> their engineers has volunteered to attend and talk about the development
> of the dataplace application. The demonstrator is a paid contractor who
> worked on the site for the Fannie Mae Foundation. You can find out more
> info about the foundation at:
> http://www.fanniemaefoundation.org/about/index.shtml

I had a look at this when it first came up as a possible SCALE demo
piece. Very cool! And it makes a good response to folks who are
considering jumping ship to Ruby because of Rails. Lots of the cool
web 2.0 GIS stuff is shown on this site. And as a tie in, can we get
at tech talk by some of the folks who put this site together? If so,
it would be a nice way to advertise the group's cool talks.
--
Cynthia Kiser
cnk at caltech.edu