[LA.pm] more PG jobs

William Yardley lapm at veggiechinese.net
Tue Nov 21 18:07:58 PST 2006

Don't reply to me!! See reply address below.

We have some more jobs open in our tech group (all at our offices in
Westwood). Also, we're usually looking for good perl programmers, so
send your résumé to our jobs address even if you don't see anything
you're qualified for below or at:
 http://www.pricegrabber.com/about.php/about=jobs

Web Applications Engineering Manager
====================================

 Our systems are the core of the PriceGrabber.com enterprise - we build
 the engine that drives a great user interface and experience!  Our
 success is based on hiring talented people and we are seeking a full
 time Web Applications Engineering Manager to help us develop innovative
 web applications running on a Linux/Apache/MySQL/PHP.  The Web
 Applications Engineering Manager will report to the VP of Technology
 and lead the Web Development Team.

 Responsibilities:
 * Leading the design and timely implementation of technical projects.
 * Improving the reusability and modularity of the web applications code
   base.
 * Enforce best software engineering processes and practices.
 * Supervising, mentoring, and participating in career development of the
   engineering team.
 * Recruiting new talent as needed.

 Required Skills:
 * Proven experience leading a team of software engineers.
 * Strong technical background in database driven, web-based applications
   running on open source platforms.
 * Knowledge of Perl/PHP, SQL, CSS and DHTML a plus.
 * Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced
   environment.
 * Excellent verbal and written communication skills.

 To express interest in this position, please send resume to
 jobs at pricegrabber.com and write "Web Applications Engineering Manager" in
 the subject line.

Configuration/Release Engineer
==============================

 We are seeking a full-time software engineer to work on a framework to
 release and test software written in Perl and PHP, operating in a
 Linux, Apache, and MySQL environment.

 Responsibilities:

 * Manage the weekly release process with the ability to make minor
   daily updates.
 * Manage the platform which will run functional, regression,
   performance, load and stress tests.

 Qualifications:
 * 3+ years experience in software engineering, test engineering and/or
   configuration management.
 * Solid experience with software configuration management systems such
   as CVS or Subversion.
 * Solid experience writing and maintaining test automation scripts.
 * Good knowledge of relational databases and Perl.
 * Knowledge of PHP a plus.
 * Ability to work in a Linux shell environment.
 * Ability to work collaboratively in a shared code environment.
 * Good communication skills.
 * BS in Computer Science or related field a plus.

 To express interest in this position, please send resume to
 jobs at pricegrabber.com and write "Configuration/Release Engineer" in the
 subject line.

Quality Assurance Engineer
==========================

 We are seeking a full-time Quality Assurance engineer to test software
 written in Perl and PHP, operating in a Linux, Apache, and MySQL
 environment. This person would be responsible for designing, building
 and maintaining a platform to run functional, regression, performance,
 load and stress tests.

 Qualifications:
 * 1 - 3 years experience in software engineering, test engineering
   and/or configuration management.
 * Experience with software configuration management systems such as
   CVS or Subversion.
 * Experience writing and maintaining test automation scripts.
 * Good knowledge of relational databases and Perl.
 * Knowledge of PHP and Javascript a plus.
 * Ability to work in a Linux shell environment.
 * Ability to work collaboratively in a shared code environment.
 * Good communication skills.
 * BS in Computer Science or related field a plus.

 To express interest in this position, please send resume to
 jobs at pricegrabber.com and write "Quality Assurance Engineer" in the subject
 line.

General info...

PriceGrabber.com, an Experian company, is a leading online comparison
shopping service that helps over 21.2 million consumers quickly and
effectively find the products they are seeking and provides research,
services, sellers, and prices prior to making a purchase decision.

PriceGrabber.com, a rapidly growing, highly profitable, Internet company
founded in 1999, was recently named the 5th fastest growing technology
company nationwide by the Deloitte Fast 500 and has received numerous
other industry awards.