[LA.pm] Next step for a newbie

David Pisoni dpisoni at shopzilla.com
Wed May 10 21:15:36 PDT 2006

On May 10, 2006, at 13.49, Ranga Nathan wrote:

<SNIP>

> For fear of being at the receiving end of a RTFM, I immersed myself
> in documentation and there is plenty of it.

I'll second Ranga's comment here, and add a corollary suggestion: get
to know your way around the documentation.  IMHO really knowing a
technology is less about memorizing all the inputs and outputs
(though that is very helpful for sure), and more about knowing where
to find the answers to your questions quickly and efficiently. That
will get you far more "learning leverage">

<SNIP>

> BTW, dont miss the next YAPC, wherever that is. It is an excellent
> forum to learn and exchange knowledge. I was at  YAPC 1999 and
> 19100 (yes, year 2000) . Oh what fun that was, being in the company
> of great Perl minds.

YAPC::NA is in Chicago this year, last week of June.  <http://
www.yapcchicago.org/>  It's not too late to register!

Enjoy,