[LA.pm] hollywood.pm.org

Peter Benjamin pete at peterbenjamin.com
Thu Feb 2 15:31:37 PST 2006

At 01:35 PM 2/2/2006, Robin Rowe wrote:
>Thanks for your kind words about me and LinuxMovies.org! Perl is
>widespread in the film industry. Studio production pipelines for
>animation and visual effects are based on Perl or Python.

Perl is also used for genetic DNA comparison
and for astronomy electronic imagining comparison
for detecting movement in the sky between two
pictures taken at different times.

Our planet is at risk for asteroid collision.
UUASC had a great presentation on how Perl
is used to track and find new asteroids.