[LA.pm] LA.pm Tech Talk - Randal Schwartz's Best Practices and Inside-Out Objects

Todd Cranston-Cuebas Todd.Cranston-Cuebas at Ticketmaster.com
Tue Aug 8 15:50:27 PDT 2006

Announcing the Next LA.pm Tech Talk!

Randal Schwartz will present 2 different talks from 7-9 p.m.
Plan to stay afterward to get a bite in a local restaurant.

Date:
Tuesday, August 15th

Location:
Ticketmaster
8800 W. Sunset Blvd.
West Hollywood, CA 90069

Talk number 1 from roughly 7 - 8 p.m. (arrive on time!).

Perl Best Practices
Randal Schwartz presents an excerpt from Damian Conway's book of the same
name, including some practical examples.

And from 8-9 p.m.

Inside-out Objects
Randal Schwartz provides insight and motivation into "inside out objects": a
means to precisely control access to attributes and reduce the chance that a
typo can mess up your day.

Practical information you should know....

Please arrive a few minutes early if you can. I realize that traffic can be
difficult in LA but since we have 2 back-to-back talks, Randal will start at
7:00 sharp. Ticketmaster is located on the southeast corner of Sunset Blvd.
and Palm Avenue. At night, it is hard to see the 8800 number on our red
brick building so be careful you don't drive past. Parking is off of Palm
Avenue. Please see the map link below for our location. When you arrive,
please pull into our parking structure below our building unless you like
getting parking tickets ;)

http://www.google.com/maps?f=q
<http://www.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=8800+w.+sunset+blvd.+west+hollywood,
+ca&ie=UTF8&om=1&ll=34.092934,-118.380542&spn=0.025482,0.054245>
&hl=en&q=8800+w.+sunset+blvd.+west+hollywood,+ca&ie=UTF8&om=1&ll=34.092934,-
118.380542&spn=0.025482,0.054245

Also note that you must meet a Ticketmaster employee on the 1st floor. We
will escort you to a conference room in our building for this event.

RSVP Please

Finally, if you plan to attend, please RSVP to the link below. It is very
helpful for us to know how many people will arrive so we can make the
necessary plans.

http://www.evite.com/app/publicUrl/tcc@ticketmaster.com/techtalk081506
<http://www.evite.com/app/publicUrl/tcc@ticketmaster.com/techtalk081506>

If you have any other questions, you can contact me directly.

Todd Cranston-Cuebas
310-360-2436
tcc at ticketmaster.com <mailto:tcc at ticketmaster.com>