[LA.pm] Perl Positions at Boingo Wireless

James Pitts jamespitts at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 13 13:31:30 PDT 2005

Fellow PMs, Boingo Wireless is looking for two perl engineers.

I have been working here as a perl developer for over a year and I have
learned a lot about what it takes to run a global wifi network. There
are big challenges here for perlish people, and our location in breezy
Santa Monica next to Yahoo and MTV is great.

Email me or my manager Chris Angelli (cangelli at boingo.com) if you would
like the official, full-length job description. Here's brief summary of
each opening (which do overlap quite a bit):

Internal Tools Engineer
- develop MVC apps used by employees to manage the network
- help build out the business layer (involving perl and java)
- problem domains: geodata, db design, app caching and optimization,
UIs, web services

Network Apps Engineer
- develop apps which provide data to thousands of Boingo sw clients
- work with operations to keep the network running
- problem domains: data format design, client-server architecture

We develop apps on Win XP or on RH (it is up to the developer to
choose).

- James