[LA.pm] Geek Banquet

Peter Benjamin pete at peterbenjamin.com
Sat Oct 29 20:54:35 PDT 2005

At 01:04 PM 10/25/2005, Todd Cranston-Cuebas wrote:
>In case you're wondering, here is a link to the LAMPsig.
>
>http://lampsig.org/new/
>
>You can see their class schedule from this site also. While their approach
>to web development is based on LAMP the "P" has mostly been PHP. Their focus
>seems right though in terms of bringing in fresh blood into the LAMP world.

Thanks Todd for that intro to LAMPsig.
My name is Peter Benjamin and along with Jim Workman
we co-founded the LA LAMPsig over a year ago.
It is true we have focused on PHP and MySQL, but we
have had a Perl talk before, and other non LAMP talks.

We would like to have a perl speaker, at the newbie intro level
would be best for our membership.  Contact me off list if you
have interest in being a speaker.

The PHP classes should have a restart in a few weeks, and
I can post the announcement here on LA PM if anyone asks
me too.