[LA.pm] Perl/Mason position available at a finance company in Santa Monica

Philip Fibiger philip at fibiger.org
Wed Nov 2 11:45:37 PST 2005

All,

I know I've seen a pretty good number of jobs come through this list
over the years, so I assume it's kosher to post one myself.

We're looking for a smart, creative Perl programmer to join our website
staff at a growing mutual fund company right at the beach in sunny Santa
Monica, CA. We're mostly a Perl shop (particularly DBI, Mason, etc),
some PHP thrown in, but in general it's about the right tool for the
job. If you can convince the group that a project needs to be written
using Ruby on Rails, we'll listen. Experience with XML, XSL:FO, even a
little Javascript/AJAX would be cool but isn't required.

Mutual funds sound stodgy, I know, but it's actually a very cool and
fast growing company. The benefits are good, the pay is good, the people
are cool, and the hours are pretty regular. If you're interested, please
send us your resume to careers at dfafunds.com or feel free to email it to
me directly at: philip.fibiger at dfafunds.com . If you think you might be
interested, i'm happy to answer any and all questions as well at the
above email address.

Best,
 Phil

philip at fibiger.org