[LA.pm] next time we need to give away a book...

Andy Lester andy at petdance.com
Sun Mar 6 18:53:51 PST 2005

> And I agree!  But I thought ya'll might be amused that someone in
> Chicago
> actually created a function for that express purpose, despite it being
> implemented in the most obvious fashion.

Acme::PM::Chicago was started when I gave a talk at Chicago.PM on "how
to create a module for CPAN."  The entire talk was me walking through
the process of creating a distribution, including creating Makefile.PL,
the MANIFEST, tests, etc, etc etc.  Then, of course, I had to upload it
to CPAN.  All this was on a big screen.

The only thing I didn't have prepared was what we'd release as code.  I
asked the group, and they brought up the monthly random picking of a
name from a list to do the book giveaway, so we made a function out of
it.  We added a couple of other functions, too.  The whole module was
one big in-joke.

It was not long after that talk that I created Module::Starter.

Oh, and hi everyone!

xoxo,
Andy

--