[LA.pm] OT: changing the date timezone for perl use

Peter Benjamin pete at peterbenjamin.com
Thu Jun 23 11:31:40 PDT 2005

I would not write any date manipulation code when
CPAN provides a wide wealth of them, easily used.

Consider CPAN modules for handling time zones
and changing the local time to others by using
supplied modules like "add" or "subtract."
The output date format can be one of several
dozens per yet another date module.  The same
for the input format.  Simply amazing the range
of date handling capability available via CPAN.
So much so, it makes it hard to find the feature
you want among the hundreds of date functions.

Do be careful in selecting the date modules you use.
There are duplicate functionality modules, and the
most popular date modules are the only ones I would
use, leaving the half grown ones never installed.

I wish I could tell you wish they are off the top of
my head, but I do not recall.  Perhaps someone can
name them?  I think I only use 3 of them.  There is
little duplicate functionality between the three I
have used.