[LA.pm] Jan meeting and other updates

Robert Spier rspier at pobox.com
Thu Dec 29 08:36:25 PST 2005

> >     Thursday 1/6
> >     Tuesday 1/11
> >     Wed 1/12
>
> You must be a programmer. All your dates are off by one! ;-)

Is it that obvious.

*cough*

Thursday 1/5
Tuesday 1/10
Wednesday 1/11

(giving us three different days of the week as options.  If I through
Thursday 1/12 into the mix, things will just get confusing.)

> Clearly, I would vote against Wed 1.11.06 because that's the night
> LinuxMovies.org meets in Hollywood which I lead.

I always meant to attend one of those meetings when I worked in the
budding Linux movie industry.

> > Possible Locations....
>
> All your proposed locations are restaurants around Santa Monica.
> Ticketmaster appealed because it's close for me in Hollywood.

Because LA is so big, we rotate locations.  It's easier to just
arbitrarily pick a location for a particular meeting, and find
restaurants in that area.  (Otherwise, the restaurant pool is just too
big.)

Our next meeting is currently (tentatively) scheduled to be at
Ticketmaster.

> Who is presenting at your meeting? Doesn't when a speaker is available
> set when the date would be? Speaking of date, why does the la.pm.org
> website say the next meeting is Sept 15, 2005?

This meeting is considered a social meeting with mild technical
content. (mild?  that's really not a great word.)  Christopher Nielsen
has volunteered to talk a little about how memcached and perl get
along.  Ask will chip in.  I'll bring the usual "general overview of
the perl world" stuff.  We may have a book or two to give away.

Next meeting will be more technical, and held in the beautiful
ticketmaster facility.

-R