[LA.pm] Peter Scott coming to visit

Benjamin J. Tilly ben_tilly at operamail.com
Mon May 24 17:46:45 CDT 2004

"Kleindenst, Fred" <fred.kleindenst at citigroup.com> wrote:

> I love my car -- trains in LA are a joke, but in this case you are actually in luck:
[...]

Historical note.

Part of the reasons why mass transit in LA is a joke is
because the automobile industry realized back in the 50s
that they could make a profit by buying mass transit
companies, killing them, and then selling cars to people
who need to get around.

If ever LA experiences viable mass transit, I'm sure that
you'll love it.  If for no other reason than how many cars
it gets off of the road, cutting down on gridlock.

Cheers,
Ben