[LA.pm] [Fwd: Perl Openings]

Kevin Scaldeferri kevin at scaldeferri.com
Fri Jun 11 19:31:04 CDT 2004

On Jun 11, 2004, at 4:55 PM, Geoffrey Young wrote:

> I thought I met someone from Overture when I was in LA, so I'm hoping
> this
> is local for you guys.  appologies if it isn't.
>
> --Geoff

Hi Geoff, that was me.

I can confirm that the jobs are local.  Last time I mentioned that we
were hiring a couple weeks ago, I said I was too lazy to write up a job
description.  I guess maybe I'll be less lazy today.  (There is a job
description online, but it's a little, uh, corporate.)

We are looking for strong, smart developers to work on a large mod_perl
application which is closing in on one billion queries a day (i.e. our
search server).  Being really good at Perl is great, but it's probably
more important to be smart, flexible, and experienced with big
production systems with average-or-better perl skills.  We like people
with good people skills, since we balance demands from multiple
internal and external groups and our developers interface with other
people a lot.

Overture is a fun and challenging place to work, with excellent perks
and benefits.

If you want more information, you can email me back, or just hit the
online application at

http://www.overture.apply2jobs.com/index.cfm?
FuseAction=DSPView&Lookupid=310&CurrentPage=2

(just make sure to put me down as the referrer :-) )

(also, if you apply online, it's probably not a bad idea to email me
too, so I can make sure your application doesn't get misplaced by HR)

Kevin Scaldeferri
Lead, Search Development
Overture Services