[LA.pm] DBI for Red Brick

Benjamin J. Tilly ben_tilly at operamail.com
Tue Aug 10 14:26:59 CDT 2004

Armin Zendron <armin.zendron at wuerth.it> wrote:
> Has anyone attempted to use DBI with Red Brick and had
> success?  Specifically DBD::Informix?

I haven't, but I'd wonder why Red Brick is the database of
interest.

I'll admit that the only thing that I know about it is
Rick Moen's comment, "I love Red Brick.  It is the only
database that I know which consistently gives a
different answer for 'select count(*) from foo' and
'select count(*) from foo where 1=1'."

Hopefully they've improved because this didn't strike me
as a recommendation...

> I am going to be attempting this on a unix machine (hpux).

Good luck.

If you try it and run into trouble, you might get some
useful advice from either http://www.perlmonks.org/ or the
DBI list.  Unless Red Brick itself is the problem.

Ben