[LA.pm] Next Event and a Collection for a good cause

Terrence Brannon metaperl at urth.org
Wed Oct 29 22:40:27 CST 2003

Ask Bjørn Hansen wrote:

> On Oct 27, 2003, at 6:45 PM, Robert Spier wrote:
>
>> Any suggestions for our next event?
>

> I'd vote for yet another "social meeting".  It's much easier to find a
> place we can be social than a place we can be technical.

We can have a socio-technical meeting. We can meet at $place and I can
hand out printouts of my slides. Here is my second post on the topic I
plan to talk on:

     http://perlmonks.org/index.pl?node_id=303188

... covers DWIM programming and table unrolling via tree rewrites. Most
importantly to our bdfoy interest, it covers Foy's Tie::Cycle module...
wouldnt a set of these slides be a nice thing to send him.

>> Anyone have a restaurant they'd like to try/go to with a bunch of
>> perl folk?
>

> Randomly pick a date and an approximate location?  If we know how many
> we'll be it'll be easier to pick a place.

If I know how many, I will know how many slide sets to produce.

I recommend:

$place = { name => 'Beverly Soon Tofu House',
                  street => '2717 W. Olympic Blvd.'
                  citystzip => 'Los Angeles, CA 90006',
                  fone => '(213) 380-1113',
                  hours => 'open 7 days a week, 9:30am to 10:30pm' } ;