[LA.pm] LA.PM EVENT: Thursday, October 16th -- Dinner

Benjamin J. Tilly ben_tilly at operamail.com
Wed Oct 15 01:34:41 CDT 2003

Robert Spier <rspier at pobox.com> wrote:

> I apologize for the short notice...
>

> Thursday, October 16th 2003 we're going to have a la.pm Social
> Event(tm) with Special Guest David Hand.  David originally hails from
> LA, but has been a resident of New York and Pittsburgh for the past
> few years.  He's an active member of pgh.pm and previously ny.pm.  He
> comes to us through the Perl Monger Member Exchange Program.  (Go to
> another city, get taken to a restaurant.)  You can grill David about
> his work on a Javascript parser (a prelude to a Javascript engine)
> written in perl.  You can ask him about the release date, and where
> you can get a copy.

Any other day and I would have made an effort to be there.   But
Thursday is out. :-(

Can someone please say, "Hi" to him from me?  And be sure to ask about
the symbolism of the evil yellow duckie.  Bonus points if you can ask
about it in Klingon...

> The current plan is to go to a restaurant in Chinatown or Downtown.
> (This is because David doesn't drive[1].)  He'll be in that area,
[...]
> Footnotes:
> [1]  And he thinks he's going to survive in LA!!!!

This is possible.  For brief periods.

Longer periods in Santa Monica...

Cheers,
Ben