[LA.pm] LA.PM EVENT: Thursday, October 16th -- Dinner

Robert Spier rspier at pobox.com
Tue Oct 14 19:58:37 CDT 2003

I apologize for the short notice...

Thursday, October 16th 2003 we're going to have a la.pm Social
Event(tm) with Special Guest David Hand.  David originally hails from
LA, but has been a resident of New York and Pittsburgh for the past
few years.  He's an active member of pgh.pm and previously ny.pm.  He
comes to us through the Perl Monger Member Exchange Program.  (Go to
another city, get taken to a restaurant.)  You can grill David about
his work on a Javascript parser (a prelude to a Javascript engine)
written in perl.  You can ask him about the release date, and where
you can get a copy.

The current plan is to go to a restaurant in Chinatown or Downtown.
(This is because David doesn't drive[1].)  He'll be in that area,
which makes it easier for him to attend.  We could also do somewhere
else (Los Feliz?), but David would need to get picked up.  Another
option is to transport him from Culver City, but Chinatown sounds
interesting to me.

Aiming for a 7:15 start, or so.  (Although, with the MTA strike, maybe
we should push that back to 7:30.. or just expect folks to be late?)

So, tasks remaining:

    1- Pick a restaurant (Chinatown/Downtown sounds like a good
    location...)
	possible suggestions, but not limited to:
    http://losangeles.citysearch.com/profile/16566/
    http://losangeles.citysearch.com/profile/19577
	there are a bunch of good sushi restaurants in the area, but
	they're pricey.

    2- Volunteer to pick up David, somewhere near the Cathedral of Our
    Lady of the Angels

(any takers?)

We need to figure this out soon.  Sorry for the short notice.

(I'll see if I have any swag left over to give away, and maybe we can
play stump the perl programmer.  I can also talk about the fun I had
today with Inline::Java.)

-R

Footnotes:
[1]  And he thinks he's going to survive in LA!!!!