[LA.pm] RE LOAD

Scott Francis darkuncle at darkuncle.net
Wed May 14 14:35:18 CDT 2003

On Wed, May 14, 2003 at 05:37:19PM +0000, xiangqi2002 at hotmail.com said:
> I did. On the other hand, it is very highly you have not watched many HK
> films?

On the contrary, John Woo is one of my favorite directors. :)

> I do like Matrix's philosophy, but I feel it attracted so many people
> mostly because of its
> choreography, and those, are repeatedly appeared in HK films. Yuen's work
> is great but no breakingthroughs [yet].

The story was unique (philosophy) at least among most non-anime films I have
seen. Also, a number of the FX used in the film (bullet time, etc.) had not
been seen in a live-action film before, to my knowledge.

I think the attraction is the combination of story, action, FX and that
hard-to-define "cool factor". :)
--
Scott Francis || darkuncle (at) darkuncle (dot) net
      illum oportet crescere me autem minui