[LA.pm] Meet up w/tilly

Douglas Wilson dgwilson1 at cox.net
Sun May 11 19:10:12 CDT 2003

</lurk>
This is just to announce an informal gathering that I'm
trying to organize to meet up with a perler thats coming
through the area. Ben Tilly
(http://www.perlmonks.org/index.pl?node_id=26179)
will be around the week of June 20th, and
since I'm in OC, and there'll be at least one person coming from
SD (that's San Diego, not San Dimas :-), I thought a good
central location would be Santa Ana, at The Olde Ship
(see theoldeship.com). Ben was the subject of a /. article
(http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=02/03/21/0139244&mode=thread)
and has worked on some core perl modules, including Exporter,
though this meeting is purely social w/no presentations (unless
someone volunteers ;-)

I know its a drive for most of you, but come on down if you
can make it. The date is tentatively Wednesday, June 18th,
at 7pm (I'll consider pushing it later if it makes life easier for
anyone). Let me know if you think you might come, so I'll know
if its worthwhile to make reservations. I'm also posting this on
the OC and SD mailing lists, so it could be sort of a tri-regional
monger meeting (SoCal.pm). I'll post reminders and updates as
it gets closer.

Thanks for listening...
<lurk>