[LA.pm] The odds of finger games

Erick Calder e at arix.com
Wed Mar 5 17:19:01 CST 2003

> It's a DOMAIN, not a machine with an IP address

sure, but those are details that matter little.  if I'm making an http
request from a domain, do I really care which host is serving it? and if 99%
of the time the host is always called the same, why should I bother typing
its name?

if you had several hosts within a domain that all serve stuff on http I can
understand you'd need to type the host name but even then a default is nice.