[LA.pm] An incredibly silly idea

Douglas Wilson dgwilson1 at cox.net
Fri Sep 13 16:36:19 CDT 2002

From: "Robert Spier" <rspier at pobox.com>

> Wil Wheaton, aka Wesley Crusher, lives in LA.  He's a geek.  Or at
> least a geek-wannabe.  And one of those evil actor types.

Ohh, he's not all that evil, in fact, he's one of the good guys, if you can
believe half of what you hear from slashdot (He supported the EFF
on a celebrity "Weakest Link"). Bash Wesley Crusher all
you want, I think Wil bashing is mis-directed. Besides, its mean to kick
someone while he's down (I believe he's still looking for work...).

> We could invite him to a la.pm event and try and indoctrinate him as
> to why perl is better than <insert favorite other language here>

Judging from his site (http://www.wilwheaton.com) I'd say his
favorite language is php, just so you know where to focus your
arguments. I think it would be cool to invite him though...

-Doug