[LA.pm] Lynx browser talk (was Announcing BrowserAdvocacy project)

Dallas E. Legan dallasii at kincyb.com
Wed Sep 11 05:25:41 CDT 2002

> *=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-*
> Message:  B0000398005.MSG                      # in packet :#7.
> Date:     08 Sep 2002 22:19:41 -1000
> From:     Warren Togami <warren at togami.com>
> To:       usclug-chat at linux.usc.edu
> Subject:  [usclug-chat] Announcing BrowserAdvocacy project
( body of Warren's message below.  Thanks to Warren for permission
to include his post with my announcment.)
--

I couldn't of asked for a better intro to mention a talk I
was recruited to help give (with Tony Butka)

Some articles that helped to provoke my involvment:
  http://www.scoug.com/os24u/2001/scoug009.textbrowsers.html
  http://www.columbia.edu/kermit/case20.html
  http://www.columbia.edu/kermit/case24.html

Details on the meeting:
  http://www.scoug.com/meetings.html
General information on SCOUG:
  http://www.scoug.com

We'll probably be discussing
philosophy of text mode browsers,
installation/configuration tips,
fingering shortcuts, image viewer set up,
URL schema supported and
use of EXTERN alternate programs for various URL schema,
b^Hr^He^Ha^Hk^Hi^Hn^Hg^H ^Hi^Hn^Ht^Ho^H
accessing *your* on-line banking account,
handling frames, bypassing javascript and
whatever else we can get around to.

All enthusiasts for alternative operating systems are
welcome to attend the meeting.

If you can't attend, rumor has it Raymond Steding
of http://www.LPBN.org *may* be taping the talk,
in which case it will be available on line.

Feel free to forward this announcement to any where
whatsoever.

Apologies if anyone finds this post inappropriate.

Thanks again, Warren