[LA.pm] Time for a meeting

Scott Francis darkuncle at darkuncle.net
Tue Nov 19 09:35:03 CST 2002

On Mon, Nov 18, 2002 at 02:54:20PM -0800, rspier at pobox.com said:

> Ok, it's time to have some sort of meeting.
>
> How about that coffee shop in South Pasadena we've met at before.
> (Scott, what's the info?)

Unfortunately ... I think Hope is going to have to sell Cafe Pop. Business
was going great for her, right up until September 2001. Between that
aftermath, and the recession, her profits have disappeared and she can't
afford to keep the place any longer. =\

> Or we could go to some restaurant and just do something social.
>   I'm curious about Gitana's: http://snipurl.com/csv
>   I've heard good things.
>
> Generally we've had meetings on weekends - we could try a Friday
> night.  Shall we try and get a consensus together for this weekend, or
> the weekend after next?

This Friday _should_ work for me (assuming my car's back from the mechanic by
then). I live out in Thousand Oaks now, so if we can do it _after_ rush hour,
it would be nice. :)

As far as location goes, I'm up for anything.

> (P.S.  -
>     Anyone know of a cheap/almost-free unified messsaging/fax2email
>     provider in the LA area?)

Not personally, but I believe the question came up on UUASC
<http://www.uuasc.org> recently. You might check the archives, or subscribe
and ask.
--
-= Scott Francis || darkuncle (at) darkuncle (dot) net =-
  GPG key CB33CCA7 has been revoked; I am now 5537F527