LA.pm: Meeting

Jeremy James jjames at somepoint.org
Sun Jul 7 04:02:08 CDT 2002

Scott Francis wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 06, 2002 at 10:15:36PM -0700, rspier at pobox.com said:
> [snip]
>
>>>sounds good ... 3rd St. Promenade in Santa Monica has some great food places,
>>>and is close to the beach ... we had a great LA.pm meet with Randal Schwartz
>>>at a nice little restaurant down there one time. :)
>>
>>That's not _on_ a beach.  It would be cool if we could do a real BBQ,
>>charcoal briquets and hamburgers and corn and all.  :)

It would definitly not be the same without a flaming pit of charcoal!
Hey, what kind of party do you have to throw to get Randal to show up?
I think beach bbq is just screaming for a guest guru.

> Hrm. Many public beaches prohibit fire, or require a permit to do that type
> of thing. If we can find one that provides those outdoor bbq grill-type
> things that are seen in public parks sometimes, we'll probably be set.
>
> (This sounds like a lot of fun, but is also beginning to sound like it will
> require considerable organization ...)

I live pretty close to venice beach and will scope out the area and see
what we have to work with.  I walk between the venice peer and sm peer
quite a bit and haven't seen any obviously public grilling areas.

Jeremy