LA.pm: Car Audio

Scott Francis darkuncle at darkuncle.net
Mon Jan 14 15:25:13 CST 2002

On Mon, Jan 14, 2002 at 12:37:44PM -0800, ask at valueclick.com said:
> Nuke the in-dash CD player. :)  (assuming the in-dash cd player is
> in addition to a head unit).

My Sony head unit has input jacks for other stuff, and I have 2 DIN slots in
my dash, so I'm just putting the empeg above the head unit.

> Do you have the Monsoon stuff too?
>
> > *walks away mumbling about putting NOS on a 2-liter*

I have considered Nos for my 1.3 liter 13B rotary. :) But then again, with
turbo and a high-flow carb, it'll make about 400hp anyway, so maybe Nos is
overkill ...

> Some people have connected WiFi stuff to their Empeg so they can
> just park the car and access the empeg from inside.

I'm actually planning something like that for mine, except in reverse - the
car goes in the garage, and every night at a certain time the empeg uses
rsync to get any new music sitting on the network upstairs. I'd need to hack
the empeg for 802.11b though ... http://www.empeg.org has links to folks that
have done that kind of thing.

--
Scott Francis                   darkuncle@ [home:] d a r k u n c l e . n e t