LA.pm: LA.pm BBQ - everyone ready?

Abraham Ingersoll abe at dajoba.com
Tue Aug 13 19:34:56 CDT 2002

On Tue, 13 Aug 2002, Peter Benjamin wrote:

> Sounds Great.  Count me in.  Now just need to know where.
> Thanks for arranging this.  Main topic for 20 minutes ought
> to be how to put together the next meeting(s).  Like who
> will be the getter of speakers, who can speak on what topic,
> and where can we have a venue with the right equipment.

I highly doubt we'll ever get everyone standing still in one place for
very long, but more power to anyone who wants to take the ball on
organizing further LA.pm events.

> Is this a bring your food and b?

Yes, BYOB and BYOF. I'm poor -- have location, misc accessories, but
that's it. The girlfriend will probably whip up a potatoe salad or
something, but don't expect to be fed unless it's your own feed.

> Is there a BBQ on the roof?

No. Management is against this, but I'll try to work something out and
will post details to the list as I have a workaround. (electric grill?
george foreman grill? hotplate? Hm)

> Will laptops be optional, and do you have enough
> power outlets and switches and cat 5 cabling?

An 802.11b access point connected to AT&T broadband should be accessible,
if you must bring a laptop. There are actaully a couple of power outlets
on the roof too.

I expect this is more of a "go be in sun, drink beer, bullshit with other
perl users whilst we do non-perl things" type of event than uhh.. oscon or
whatever.

Abe