LA.pm: LA.pm BBQ - everyone ready?

Abraham Ingersoll abe at dajoba.com
Tue Aug 13 17:46:12 CDT 2002

Hi Folks,

I just got word from Samy that la.pm.org's DNS is hosed for the time
being. So use losangeles-pm at hfb.pm.org for now -- same list, different
address. Samy'll post something once the pm.org DNS maintainer gets off
his arse and updates the pm.org zone, but until then .. let's have a BBQ!
Yeah!

Everyone ready for an event this Saturday, the 17th? Venice Beach,
roof-style, figure we start around 2pm .. go until it gets dark or we get
booted of the roof, whichever comes first.

I've cleared it with management, have told all the other neighbors, etc.
Only comment from the manager was "no open flames -- the fire insurance
doesn't cover that." Masow (sp?), the musical neighbor on the 2nd floor,
says he'll be there, ready to play with his band.

I suppose I need to post a map and make a formal announcement to make it
official, but I wanted to toss a quick message out the to list to make
sure everyone's still game.

Well .. BBQ, beach, beer, band, fishing, venice .. anyone?

Abe