LA.pm: [Fwd: Get plugged into Visual Studio .NET with Perl, Python & XSLT]

Samy Kamkar [CommPort5] CommPort5 at LucidX.com
Wed Oct 17 18:04:23 CDT 2001

Someone from activestate asked me to forward this on to the list and I
thought it may be of interest to some of you, especially since it's in LA.

<info>

Get plugged into Visual Studio .NET with Perl, Python & XSLT
ActiveState @ Microsoft Professional Developers Conference
Los Angeles, CA, 2001/10/16

Keen on seeing the latest open source programming languages work with
cutting-edge Microsoft technologies? We'll be at PDC 2001, Oct. 22-26,
at the LA Convention Center. Drop by our booth #438 for interactive
demos and have your fortune told with Visual Perl's new Web services
functionality. Or come to a talk to check out the new Perl, Python and
XSLT tools for Visual Studio .NET.

We'll be featuring Visual Perl, Visual Python, and Visual XSLT, our
high-productivity development environment plug-ins for Visual Studio
.NET. We're also showing ActiveState's new PerlNET technology, which
makes it possible to build .NET components using Perl, and makes
existing Perl code available to .NET framework applications. ActiveState
demos will also be held at the VSIP booth in the Microsoft Pavilion.

Learn more at a technical talk featuring ActiveState technologies:

Panel: Programming Languages and Compilers
Speaker: Jan Dubois, Senior Perl developer, ActiveState
When: Tuesday, Oct. 23, from 6-9 pm
Where: Partner Theatre

Session: System.XML Drilldown
Get an introduction to System.Xml and see Visual XSLT in action
Speaker: Fadi Fakhouri, Program Manager, Microsoft
When: October 24 @ 1:15 pm
Where: Room 403AB

Hope to see you there!

</info>

--
Samy Kamkar -- (877) 898-1424 -- cp5 at LucidX.com
LucidX.com / LA.pm.org / pdump.org / code.LucidX.com