LA.pm: Prepend

Douglas Wilson dgwilson at gtemail.net
Fri Oct 5 18:37:26 CDT 2001

> >my ($records, $out);
> >while (my $hashref = $sth->fetchrow_hashref) {
> >    $records++;
> >    $out .= $hashref->{'Data'} . "\n";
> >}
> >
> >print FILE $records . "\n";
> >print FILE $out;

Hmm, you could print a blank line with about 10 spaces
to begin, print all your records, then seek back to
the beginning of the file and print the number of
records without a newline.

As long as the number isn't over a gazillion and you
don't mind some blank spaces after the number, it
should work. You could even format the number to be
right justified within those 10 spaces with sprintf.

-Doug