LA.pm: Prepend

James Pitts jamespitts at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 5 17:32:03 CDT 2001

Shit.
Depending on what kind of machine you are doing this on, you may have to do this in several chunks. Maybe 100,000 records each. You might want to create a temp data file before attempting the prepend.
You could then use direct unix commands (cat) to prepend the target file with the data in the temp file.
This is how I would do it on my anemic amd box with 128M ram.
- James
Arkadiy Sudarikov <asudarikov at xceed.com> wrote: Because I am expecting half a million records... Data comes from database
for Hilton Hotels reservations, like... week's amount of reservations...
worldwide.