LA.pm: Prepend

James Pitts jamespitts at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 5 16:45:33 CDT 2001

 Does the following query work in Sybase:
select count(*) as count, * from table
  Arkadiy Sudarikov <asudarikov at xceed.com> wrote: Hey there. Got a question fer ya. Can anyone please help me prepend a line
to a file?

What I have is this:

I make a query and returned rows are many.
I want to fetch them one by one and right them in a certain pipe-dilimeted
format, counting them.
I then need to make count of records the first line of that file that I was
writing to.

I can do another (SELECT COUNT(*)) query, but don't want to.
I can put all info fetched into list and then count, but don't want to.
And... I can't use $sth->rows; with my (Sybase) DBD.

Please help. How do I prepend a line to a file?

Cheers,
Private Arkadiy