LA.pm: la.pm map

Gregory Williams greg at evilfunhouse.com
Mon Oct 1 13:21:14 CDT 2001

On Sat, Sep 22, 2001 at 09:34:21PM -0700, Robert Spier quoth:
> I thought it would be neat to see how we (la.pm) is distributed
> geographically around the region.  I'm going to do this with a service
> called Tiger, provided by the Census Bureau.  [1]

As an interesting side note, (or maybe I missed talk of it in this thread? :), Michael Schwern released the Geo::TigerLine module which provides a perl interface to using the Tiger data. He gave a talk on it at TPC5, and it looked pretty cool.

http://search.cpan.org/search?dist=Geo-TigerLine

Oh, and when I'm in LA, i'm at:

34.037743 N 118.486322 W

thanks,
.greg

--
Working over a modem is like eating with chopsticks!
    - Adam Pisoni