LA.pm: December meeting

Samy Kamkar SKamkar at LucidX.com
Tue Nov 27 16:06:17 CST 2001

Scott Francis wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 21, 2001 at 09:04:02AM -0800, Robert Spier stated:
>
>>Personally, I prefer movies.yahoo.com, it's fast and clean, although
>>the new pervasive pop-up ads are starting to get to me.
>>
>>But - don't forget the other two Burbank theatres within walking
>>distance.
>>
>>http://losangeles.citysearch.com/profile/11273505/
>>http://losangeles.citysearch.com/profile/11273507/
>>
>>-R
>>

> Apparently movietickets.com has advance LotR tickets available NOW. I suggest
> the following:
>
> 1) we all agree on a date (I of course prefer OPENING NIGHT);

Opening night is always nice (Dec 19th -- a Wednesday), but I prefer the
weekend, maybe Friday or Saturday (Dec 21/22)?  What do you all think

> 2) everybody that's going, go to movietickets.com and get your ticket;

Sounds good (once we all plan which date :)

> 3) we all show up 3-4 hours early and sit around geeking out with laptops,
> PDAs, etc. until the show starts.

Indeed!

> Any objections? Additions? Go-aways? :)

All sounds good, just the date that's an iffy unless it's a weekend
What about the rest of you?

--
Samy Kamkar -- (877) 898-1424 -- cp5 at LucidX.com
LucidX.com / LA.pm.org / pdump.org / code.LucidX.com