[Losangeles-pm-admins] [DRAFT] About SCALE 6x

Alyson Taylor Alyson.Taylor at Ticketmaster.com
Tue Sep 18 13:51:12 PDT 2007

Looks good - I'll review it in greater detail soon and get back with you
before Thursday.  Thank you Juan!

-----Original Message-----
From: losangeles-pm-admins-bounces+alyson.taylor=ticketmaster.com at pm.org
[mailto:losangeles-pm-admins-bounces+alyson.taylor=ticketmaster.com at pm.o
rg] On Behalf Of Juan Jose Natera
Sent: Monday, September 17, 2007 5:00 PM
To: losangeles-pm-admins at pm.org
Subject: [Losangeles-pm-admins] [DRAFT] About SCALE 6x

Hi folks, the draft is below, let me know , apologies for not writing
this earlier.

Back in February, LA.pm had a booth at SCALE 5x which we used to promote
Perl. SCALE 6x is  fast approaching and and we need to get ready for it.
With this objective in mind, we have been discussing our options for
next year.

* We need to have a Demo running to show at the booth, one of the
coolest ideas mentioned so far is a demo of MisterHouse (
http://misterhouse.sf.net ). Whatever the demo will be, it must be
determined soon because it is a requirement to reserve the booth space.

* It would be great to have someone give a Perl talk, the Call for
papers is open until Nov. 30th (
http://socallinuxexpo.org/scale6x/conference-info/calls-for-papers/ ).

* We would like to have people from all SoCal Perl Mongers groups at the
booth: LA, OC, San Diego, Thousand Oaks, etc (Am I missing some?).

Please reply with your ideas and suggestions, and/or let's discuss it
after this Thursday's meeting.

The LA.pm Team