[Losangeles-pm-admins] Randal Schwartz offered to speak withinthenext 2 weeks!

Alyson Taylor Alyson.Taylor at Ticketmaster.com
Wed Aug 8 11:25:01 PDT 2007

Hey guys - no worries for jumping in - Will gave me the date when the
room is available last night, however I went home sick and I'm home sick
today.  Thanks for being proactive - I appreciate you contacting
rent.com.  I agree with everything stated below - Thursday would be
better and would give us much more time to build an audience for the
talk.  Should one of us attend Monday's talk to network and tell others
about our Thursday event?  Unfortunately I can't attend due to family
conflicts, however I don't know if one of you might be able to go -
thoughts??

I'll be back in the office tomorrow, but need to rest today.  Thanks
again for stepping in to help!!

-----Original Message-----
From: Pablo Velasquez [mailto:pablo at paeli.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 08, 2007 10:53 AM
To: Alyson Taylor
Cc: losangeles-pm-admins at pm.org
Subject: Re: [Losangeles-pm-admins] Randal Schwartz offered to speak
withinthenext 2 weeks!

Alyson,
I just tried calling you. Sorry to jump in here. I think this is one of
the benefits of being a group, we can all pitch in and help :-) I called
Will Coker and just asked for a status update and confirmed that's the
person you're working with. He said Monday (13th) was open, but only
that date.

I communicated this back to Juan. Personally, I think that's very little
time to promote the event and it's a big event, so anything we can do to
allow more people to attend is a good thing I think. Also on Monday is
the other perl talk.

I asked if we could talk to Nimish and his contacts at Rent.com in case
they have Thursday available. That would give us a week and a day to
push the event. That seems better overall for the talk since hopefully
more people can attend.

-Pablo