[Logan-pm] Perl Mongers July 19, 7pm

david at davidscholes.com david at davidscholes.com
Fri Jul 13 06:59:36 PDT 2012

We're doing an obfuscated Perl contest on Thursday.  If you are new to
Perl you are welcome to just bring something you are playing with to get
some other eyes on it to get some pointers.  It would also be good to
discuss ways of getting membership up and other subjects for meetings.
I'm not going to be able to make it to this one due to an extended
family outing but we can't just have this dependent on me. So, please
try to go and bring a friend to keep this going. Every time I go I learn
something new.

I'm going forward with the multimedia flash card idea for learning
languages or really anything.  I'm playing with Moose and DBIx::Class as
part of it. Not sure how far I'll get by August but that's something I
wouldn't mind getting ideas and feedback on from everyone.

Also at work I'm creating Charts in Excel from Perl.  I was surprised
how easy it is with Spreadsheet::WriteExcel.

Anyone else have any ideas or projects they want to share? We also need
someone to takeover the group webpage to keep it up to date and beautify
it a bit, volunteers?

David