Fwd: 3rd German Perl Workshop 2001 - 1st CfP

Stephane Rondal rondal at usa.net
Fri Sep 1 02:48:22 CDT 2000

----- Original Message -----
From: Alexander Sigel <sigel at bonn.iz-soz.de>
To: <yapc-europe at lists.dircon.co.uk>
Sent: Thursday, August 31, 2000 5:24 PM
Subject: 3rd German Perl Workshop 2001 - 1st CfP

distribution: yapc-europe at lists.dircon.co.uk

dear perl enthusiast and colleague on this yapc-europe list,

my name is alexander sigel from the orga and programm committee
of the (non-commercial) annual german perl workshop.

first of all i wish you the very best perl conference ever!

second, taking the recent email exchange with kevin lenzo, leon brocard
and grec mccarroll into account, i am looking forward to the envisaged
cooperation between YAS/YAPC::Europe and our workshop.

in this spirit i think it is appropriate to cordially invite you
via this list to think about submitting an extended abstract to
our perl workshop 3.0 which will take place
  (ash) wednesday feb 28, 2001 - friday march 2nd, 2001
at the polytechnic of bonn-rhein-sieg, campus sankt augustin
(near bonn, the former capital).

although we accept english language talks, as most contributions
are held in german, you would profit most if you had at least a minimal
working knowledge of german.

please send your abstract as plain text to wsorga at perlworkshop.de
until 23rd of october, 2000, latest.

the german perl-workshop is a non-commercial activity of the
german perl community, mostly financed by sponsors. our aim is to
to foster exchange and social networking between developers
of perl-modules and advanced perl users in the german speaking
region (and beyond).

more details, and soon the first call for papers:
  http://www.perlworkshop.de/2001/

during YAPC::Europe, you may also directly ask Norbert Gruener
<nog at MPA-Garching.MPG.DE> for more information. (unfortunately,
i won't be able to attend).

enjoy perl!
alex
Alexander Sigel, M.A. sigel at bonn.iz-soz.de
Informationszentrum Sozialwissenschaften, R&D
Lennéstr. 30, D-53113 Bonn, Germany
+49 228 2281 170 tel, +49 228 2281 120 fax
Homepage: http://index.bonn.iz-soz.de/~sigel/