JOB: looking for Perl guys who can spare 5 mins

Stephane Rondal rondal at usa.net
Thu Oct 12 03:01:03 CDT 2000

This is 2 days old now, sorry.

Stephane

----- Original Message -----
From: Mayur Jobanputra <info at bcbold.com>
To: <perlxperts at bcbold.com>
Sent: Tuesday, October 10, 2000 11:49 AM
Subject: looking for Perl guys who can spare 5 mins

> I am looking for a script that is very similar to the PerlMagic Mogrify
tools, except that I can't install the ImageMagick program on the server (NT
server).  The script requirements are VERY simple:

> 1. I want to pass a single image (jpeg or gif) at the command line to the
script (ie : img src="/cgi-bin/resize.cgi?betty.jpg">).  The original image
is either GIF or JPEG (I can run two different scripts if necessary -
resizegif.cgi and resizejpeg.cgi) and is a large image (<30K), but I want
that down to 2-4K.

> 2. the script should simply take an image, resize it, and then display it.
Ideally, the image should be within the boundaries of 120x120, or even
better be able to tell if the image is portrait, landscape or square, and
resize accordingly.  I have seen dozens of thumbnail gallery scripts, but
nothing that does something as basic as what I want.  All the other scripts
try to give me all sorts of HTML crap that I don't want.  I just want to
perform the resize on a single image!!!! so I can place my own HREF tags
around it!!!

> Anyone, please help!  I am willing to throw in a $20 gift certificate at
Amazon if anyone can give me a script that is ready to run!!