[Lexington-pm] Exporting Crypt::CBC module

David Hempy hempy at ket.org
Mon Mar 14 17:25:37 PST 2005

Okay...here's a politigeek question...

I just installed the Crypt::CBC perl module on my laptop.  It seems to encrypt and decrypt data using one of several ciphers (encryption algorithms).  If I tinker further, I'll probably install one or more ciphers.

I occasionally travel internationally, and would be loathe to go without my laptop.

So.....

Am I allowed to traipse around the globe packing such dangerous technology?

Do I need to declare this at customs?

Do different ciphers carry different implications?

Should I remove these modules before travelling?

Is this something I need to worry about?

Mostly just pondering...but curious.  Any thoughts?

-dave

--
David Hempy
Internet Database Administrator

A firm grip on reality is not a critical component of happiness.