[Lexington-pm] Printing from perl?

Janine Ladick jladick at insightbb.com
Thu Nov 25 09:02:15 CST 2004

> I'm a bit embarassed that I don't know how to do this, and a
> bit surprised this is the first time I've needed to.
>
> I need to print a shipping label from a perl program on a
> Windows box.
>
> That's it.  Nothing more.  Seems simple enough?

Just curious...why do you need to use Perl to do this?

What kind of printer are you going to use?  If it's one of those dedicated
shipping label printers, it might come with software and an API that you
could interface with (perhaps from Perl) to get the job done.

Are you printing barcodes, too?

Janine