LPM: Apache::ePerl?

Gregg Casillo gcasillo at ket.org
Thu Jul 18 12:53:13 CDT 2002

I will post my question to the mod_perl list and find out what I can.
We'd like to get the server up and serving pages (w/ ePerl) ASAP, so we
can put together some reports for the "higher-ups." We were hoping to
get a web server running and those reports more or less generated by the
end of this week, but it appears that early next week is more likely
barring a real breakthrough today or tomorrow. The priority is
definitely put together a mod_perl server running ePerl so we can work
with the code and pages as is. Then, we'll worry about moving to another
embedding methodology as we move toward production.

We're getting in touch with the folks who created the site with ePerl to
see what versions of Perl, Apache, mod_perl, etc. they were using.
Hopefully we can start with that foundation and go from there.

I e-mailed Ralf explaining my situation, though I expected that the
basic answer was that ePerl is deprecated. No need to needle him. Thank
him for his contributions.

Thanks for the insight,
Gregg