LPM: Re: Blessed

David Pitts dpitts at mk.net
Wed Mar 28 22:45:16 CST 2001

Blessed is actually two differed words.  The distinguishment of the word is
found in how it is sounded out as it is spelled the same.

First word - Blessed (one syllable) - past tense of bless.  (Okay,
technically, it is the inflected form of bless, but nobody really cares and
I hate the fact that I learned and remember that from college.)
example:
The Father blessed the congregation.

Seconed word - Blessed (two syllables) - adj. held in reference - venerated
or hollowed.
example:
Blessed be the Name of the Lord.
The blessed trinity....