LPM: Not so quiet on the western front...

Matt Cashner eek at eekeek.org
Tue Jul 24 15:21:58 CDT 2001

On Tue, 24 Jul 2001, Janine wrote:

> Our standard Perl distribution (present on all servers) is 5.005_03.
> Yesterday the sysadmin installed 5.6 on a test box for us.  The program
> is running now, and its memory usage is under control.  Under 5.005 it
> creeps up to 600mb and over, but it's holding steady at 150mb under 5.6.
>
> That's not the kind of resolution that makes you smarter, but it gets
> the work done.

yeah, a few of the p5p'ers have been beating on perl with Purify and
other leak finders for a while now. 5.8 should be even better. (and
perl6 will be perfect, right? :)

and hey, rest assured that the problem took the might and thunder of
people way smarter than the lot of us to solve.

also, rest assured knowing that it wasnt your code that was the problem
:)

--------
Matt Cashner
Web Applications Developer