LPM: Not so quiet on the western front...

Matt Cashner eek at eekeek.org
Mon Jul 23 11:00:54 CDT 2001

On Mon, 23 Jul 2001, Janine wrote:

> > you want to look at Devel::Leak.
>
> Thanks.  :-)

Devel::Leak is kinda mysterious and i can lend some assistance if it
fails to make sense. :)

> I grepped for badmonkey and found none.  So it's okay, right?  ;-)
> I have not yet checked the code for this.  Perhaps I'll do that now.

basically what you're looking for is anything which keeps a reference to
data outside of scope.  self-referential data wont get destroyed because
the reference count is too high. other variables holding refs to
your data can do the same thing.

> > also, is this perchance modperl with Apache::DBI?
>
> Nope.  It's DBI::Oracle.

oh good. apache::dbi has strange memory issues. i hate it so much :)

--------
Matt Cashner
Web Applications Developer
The Creative Group (http://www.cre8tivegroup.com)