LPM: Meetings and attendance

David Hempy hempy at ket.org
Tue Feb 13 23:16:12 CST 2001

At 09:08 PM 2/13/2001 -0500, you wrote:
>David Hempy wrote:
> > Okay...hope I haven't pissed anyone off.  Just offering why my perspective
> > for anyone who is concerned about attendance numbers.
>
>No, not at all. But it is *exceedingly* hard to get people to give
>talks. We're all doing interesting things with Perl (oK, some of us are,
>others not so much), but not all of us are doing something that's really
>worth talking about. I do a lot of CGI amd MySQL stuff. Whoopee. It's
>hard to come up with things to talk about that are a) really
>interesting, b) really useful, and c) which I'm enough of an expert on
>to benefit anyone.

Well...that's pretty much the same stuff I do.  I sure don't count myself
an expert in perl, but I suppose everyone knows people that know more and
people that know less than they do.

In that spirit, I volunteer to expose myself before my peers and talk about
the tiny little corner of perl that I know: CGI, templates, and similar.  I
fully expect to learn more than anyone listening to me, so it should be a
win-win situation.

If called upon, I will dissect my Pressroom program and facilitate a
discussion of what is good about it and what could be better about
it.  Feel free to call on this last-minute...it's got a good shelf life.

-dave

--
David Hempy
Internet Database Administrator