LPM: Joseph Beth and future meetings

Rich Bowen rbowen at rcbowen.com
Tue Feb 13 20:00:44 CST 2001

When we met at Joseph Beth last year (or was it two years ago?) there
was a $50 minimum food charge. Since we spent slightly over $50 eating
lunch, there was no charge for the facility. However, since that time,
they've increased that to a $150 minimum food charge, and a $50 room fee
I<in addition> to the food. This puts this facility out of our price
range, unless someone's company wants to sponsor the event.

In light of this, I expect that we want to find another place. This
sucks, considering that we had a really great time and location worked
out, and now we have to work it out again. I recommend The Olive Garden.
We met there once before, and it worked out very nicely. If nobody has
any objections to this, perhaps someone can call there and find a Friday
next month that we could have the semi-private area for our meeting. I
can bring an easel and paper pad, but of someone could borrow a
LCD-projector for that time, that would be even better.

We don't have a speaker or a topic worked out yet, but I'd really like
to have that worked out much further in advance this time, so that we
can do the poster thing, and perhaps get some more people to come out.

--
Rich Bowen <rbowen at rcbowen.com>
Come see me at Apachecon! -- http://www.apachecon.com/