LPM: Meetings and attendance

Janine janine at emazing.com
Mon Feb 12 15:10:24 CST 2001

> I would like to give a few talks - I have done some neat stuff with SNMP, some
> interesting uses of fork() and a few other topics that come up on perlmonks
> frequently.  My problem is that I frankly haven't a lot of time to put the
> talks together and that evening meetings are difficult for me to attend for a
> lot of reasons, but mostly I am tired when I get done working and I really
> just want to collapse at home and get ready for the next day.

I think everyone's in the same situation.  Back before I starting writing Perl code for living, I had much more enthusiasm for
reading over a module or doing whatever prep work it took to be a good listener at a meeting.  But now it's hard to feel motivated
to do even that.  I can imagine how tough it must be for those of you who do the talking.  Perhaps we need to make the talks more
casual so that they require less preparation.  Comments?

> What if we decided on a late lunch
> on Fridays, say around 1:30 - 3:00 ( or whatever )?  Janine and the others
> from farther out would have a great excuse to start their weekends early, as
> would many of us closer in.

Yay!  That's a great idea.

Janine